ELOFIT high-density polyethylene fittings Ø315mm (12"), Ø160mm (6"), Ø90mm (3") and Ø63mm (2") were installed for the construction of a new gas pipeline serving the residential buildings in the city of Kirov in Russia. Kirov has a population of around 473,695 people and its foundation dates back to 1374. It was incorporated into the Grand Duchy of Moscow in 1489 and became known throughout Russia for its clay statuettes and whistles. In 1780, Catherine the Great renamed the town Vyatka and made it the seat of Vyatka Governorate. By the end of the 19th century, it was an important station on the Trans-Siberian railway. In December 1934, it was renamed for the Soviet leader Sergey Kirov. Kirov is a major transport hub and river port and is also a center of machine building, metallurgy, biochemical and the timber industry.