NUPI polyethylene pipes and ELOFIT HDPE electrofusion and butt fusion fittings Ø90mm, Ø125mm, Ø200mm, Ø250mm have been installed for the fire-fighting system of the Pirelli factory in Bollate close to Milan. ELOFIT fittings are particularly suitable for use in large industrial plants thanks to the considerable dimensions they are able to reach. Pirelli, a pillar of Italy‘s industrial history, originated in 1872, when Giovanni Battista Pirelli founded the company GB Pirelli & C. in Milan, a limited partnership for the manufacture of elastic rubber items. In 1873, the first factory for the production of rubber items was built in Milan. Subsequently, the production of rubber strips for coaches (1885) and the first tire for velocipedes (1894) were launched as a result of a series of innovations in the preparation of materials and the production of covers. The production of car tires started in 1901, when a constant growth marked by two main elements began: technological development of processes and products, also supported by a constant commitment to competitions, and geographical expansion. The geographical expansion, in particular, began in the early 1900s with the opening of the plants in Barcelona (Spain, 1902), Southampton (England, 1913), Buenos Aires (Argentina, 1917), Manresa (Spain, 1924 ) and Burton on Trent (England, 1928). In the same years the Group‘s commitment to the sports sector also began. In 1907, the Itala car equipped with Pirelli tires won the Beijing-Paris raid and in 1913, a Pirelli-equipped car won the first Grand Prix of the Automobile Club de France. During the 1900s the strategy continued in terms of geographical expansion and technological innovation. In June 2010, Pirelli returned to Formula 1 ™, becoming the exclusive supplier of tires since 2011. Pirelli is also the exclusive supplier of the Superbike World Championship and of prestigious single-brand championships such as the Ferrari Challenge and the Lamborghini Super Trophy.